Library and Archives
Research Permissions and Reading Room GuidelinesPhotocopies and Reproductions
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Copies are permitted for personal and research use only, and Library staff reserve the right to refuse permission.Self-Service Photocopying
Self-service photocopying is permitted with staff approval. Many materials are sensitive and cannot be photocopied. Please seek staff assistance if you need a photocopy of an item from our vault and archive. Photocopies of manuscripts and bound materials printed before 1900 are not permitted.
Photocopies are $.25 per sheet, either legal- or letter size.Microfilm
Microfilm copies are permitted with staff approval. Copies are permitted for personal and research use only.
Microfilm copies are $.25 per sheet, either legal- or letter size.
Standard research fees for the first half hour: $25.00
Each additional 15 minutes: $15.00
Materials in the reading room and archive are non-circulating. All materials must be used on site. Inter-library loan is available for institutions and researchers unable to visit the library. All materials from the archive must be signed and approved by a staff member. Photocopying of these materials is prohibited.Archive Access Guidelines:
Our archival access policy is designed to insure the protection of rare and sensitive materials in the Schwenkfelder Library & Heritage Center's collection. Please make an appointment to view materials in our archive. Appointments are preferred Tuesday through Friday.
- Food and drink are not permitted.
- Cell phone use is not permitted.
- Please use pencils.
- Coats, jackets, handbags are not permitted in the Library. Lockers and a coat rack are provided in the Library entrance.
- All patrons, researchers, and visitors are required to sign–in at the library desk.
- For the courtesy of other library patrons and staff personnel, please speak quietly.
- Cotton and or latex gloves need to be worn when handling sensitive material. The SLHC provides gloves for patrons.
- One item at a time will be available for use. All materials must be signed out from the vault.
- The Schwenkfelder Library & Heritage Center does not appraise materials. Please contact the American Society of Appraisers for more information.